More and more nonprofit organizations are turning to websites to help promote themselves and to raise funds. A website is also an effective way for a nonprofit to showcase its programs, success stories, and creativity. That said, there's a difference between a barely functional website and one that is both appealing and user-friendly. Many nonprofits turn to experienced companies for their web design so that they may continue to focus on their work.
Creating a nonprofit website
There are a number of options for creating a nonprofit website, such as eHost, SiteBuilder, Weebly, and Wordpress. They provide a number of templates and services, though inexperienced users may find the process of setting up a website time-consuming, and the final result underwhelming. Your website should always, first and foremost, be user-friendly.
A website's content should be both easy to find and easy to read. This means no light pink backgrounds with small white text.
Key aspects of your website are:
· The domain name. A solid one is a must because it, along with your logo, are often the first things customers see. The best way to choose a domain is to select one that includes what you do (ex. West Coast Food Bank) or one that can be easily branded as your organization does their work (ex. "American Red Cross" doesn't include "social services" or "disaster relief" in their domain name, but the logo and name imply medical relief, while the organization's outreach has made it incredibility well known).
· Your mission statement. This is a concise declaration of your organization's purpose.
· Your programs. An explanation of the services you provide allows visitors to easily decide if they want to support or utilize your organization or not. Visitors like to see organizations that are working hard for the betterment of society.
· An option to donate and volunteer. If visitors support your cause, they may want to donate money, in-kind items, or their time. If you are a 501(c)(3), their donations are also tax deductable. There are businesses that will help you prepare the documentation necessary to become a 501(c)(3). Be sure to be honest about what any donations will be used for.
· Your Board of Directors. Visitors like to know whose running the nonprofit, and are more comfortable approaching organizations when they can give a face to a name.
· Press Coverage. If your organization is (positively) covered by any media, share this on your website. This helps make your organization appear more authentic and trustworthy, especially to visitors unfamiliar with your work.
Nonprofit websites can encompass much more, but the above content will help get your website off the ground. You can also have a professional company create your website for you to ensure that it is both appealing and user-friendly.
The fact is that buying a house does require the person to invest a good amount of money, rather a fortune. It can also be termed to be a worthy possession and secure the family future also. The
We are Dehradun taxi service supplier, who appreciate the requirements of our customers and are well-organized to help them to reach most wanted destination in a more passive manner. We are given that
When a person causes injury to another person or to someone else’s property accidentally, the victim files charges against him or her and tries to get justice in the court of law. Personal
There are few drugs in the world that can treat erectile dysfunction, even if temporarily. Most of such drugs are formulated with Sildenafil in one form or another. Viagra, probably the best known dru
Lack of OHS compliance can cause a big loss in terms of money, life and reputation to the workplace not complying with the OHS liabilities. In fact lack of compliance is as good as a time bomb in y
Hotels Angel searches the hotel websites directly and in real-time to ensure that you receive the latest prices and availability.
In medical transcription, you can earn salary as much you would like to with no upper limits. You can decid how much you want earn based upon your effort, hardework and dedicatio
Dear Sir, We are manufactured exporter engaged in Dehydrated Onion, Onion in Vinegar (Acetic Acid) & Fresh White/Red Onion since 2003. We, partners of Nature Exports Co, are engaged in farming fr
211AL The most desired Farm Land property in Vadodara at affordable price. The Baroda is specially established to satisfy the needs of the Investors who are interested in property, Land In Barod
kmca172We manufacture a wide range of unique diamonds, which when used in jewellery adds a majestic appeal to it. Our unique diamonds are appreciated worldwide for its beautiful and mesmerizing loo
copyrights © 2006-20 find4sites.com. All rights reserved.