Bladder cancer is first in most occurred cancerous issues across the US. It’s mostly common in men compared to women & around 2X higher for white men in relation to African-Americans. According to reports, life risk from cancer in the bladder is 1 in 26 for men & 1 in 90 in case of women.
Types of Bladder Cancer
Read below to find out more about the 4 different types of Bladder Cancer:
- Urothelial papilloma - it refers to the growth of a benign noncancerous tumor.
- PUNLMP (Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant potential) - It refers to slow growing tumor in the bladder which won’t be spreading further.
- Low-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma - Akin to the previous one, it is also referred to as a slow growing situation that won’t spread.
- Low-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma - the situation is characterized by a quicker growth & faster spread compared to the other 3 types of bladder cancer. Needless to mention, this is the most dangerous form of bladder cancer.
Symptoms of Bladder Cancer
There are a few major symptoms bladder cancer.
- Blood clots or blood in urine (Hematuria). It is the most common symptom of bladder cancer. Hematuria might occur in episodes or can be an ongoing process. It is not always painful.
- Dysuria or pain while urinating.
- Frequent urination in small volume.
- Frequent UTIs
Diagnosis of bladder cancer
Bladder cancer is diagnosed through a variety of ways. The different tests that are often suggested to detect bladder cancer are Urinalysis, urine cytology, ultrasound, MRI/CT Scan, Cystoscopy & Biopsy. Newer biomarkers such as FISH are used in some cases these days to detect the cancerous cells in the bladder through urine test. The most advanced diagnostic tests to detect bladder cancer are BTA, UroVysion & ImmunoCyt. However, the most successful of all are Cystoscopy & cytology.
TURBT (Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor)
When the cancer is diagnosed, the initial surgery taken by the patient is TURBT. It’s performed with special instruments fixed to cystoscope & is aimed to complete removal of the tumor with an electronic surgical device. The surgery is performed via urinary passage & does not require any sort of external cuts over the body. Apart from being initial treatment for bladder cancer, TURBT also serves as staging procedure in the treatment. The specimen derived from TURBT is sent to check depth of invasion of tumor on bladder wall. The follow-up treatments are decided based on TURBT report.
The author of this article here gives sound knowledge on cancer in the bladder. He discusses about its types, symptoms and treatment. Read now!
The competition that is present in this world is known to all. There were only few graduates before but now there are only few people who do not complete their post graduation. The qualifications
branch serving the New Delhi area and NCR “We are thrilled to have a presence in Janakpuri New Delhi and excited to be able to serve local businesses and talented jobseekers alike&rdquo
Dr. Rohit Batra’s DermaWorld Skin Institute is a world-class centre in providing laser and aesthetic skincare treatments. Dr. Rohit Batra is one of the top dermatologists in Delhi and makes use
Renovating your bathroom, the entire home or is there a plan for constructing a new one? Why do not you go for quartz? If yes, then caesarstone, will provide you with the best quartz. Caesarstone is
Ever thought about how will my baby look like? Both child you may conceive with each other along with your current companion, an ex you cannot overlook, or possibly a high profile you might have ordin
copyrights © 2018 find4sites.com. All rights reserved.