In the recent times, the cost of solar panels has drastically reduced by many folds. Thanks to technological advancements and better manufacturing processes, solar panels and solar energy systems have become easily accessible for everyone. When you’re off to buy a solar panel, don’t just depend on its cost alone. Consider several other factors before making a purchase.
Tiers of Solar Panel Quality
While choosing your solar panel, it is imperative to consider the materials involved and the process adopted during manufacturing. There are three different tiers that determine the overall quality of solar panels.
Tier I: Tier I manufacturers monitor each and every stage involved in the manufacturing process. Such companies invest in sophisticated techniques and procedures, and manufacture high quality panels.
Tier II: These manufacturers don’t invest much in research & development unlike tier I and implement both robotic and manual production processes. Such producers make good panels for a good price.
Tier III: These companies involve in the assembling of panels and invest neither in production of new solar cells nor in research and development. While their products are offered at affordable rates, it isn’t wise to depend on them as they cannot guarantee reliable product quality.
Other considerable factors that influence your purchase decision are as below:
1. Temperature Co-Efficient: Temperature co-efficient rating determines how much impact the heat has on the panels after installation. Lower the percent per degree Celsius, the better. Those panels with lower temperature coefficient will be expensive but are definitely worth the price.
2. Conversion Efficiency: How efficiently do solar panels convert light into electricity determines how much power they generate. Panels with higher conversion efficiency will have more value for money.
3. LID Resistance: LID refers to light induced degradation, which is a process that occurs during the initial months after installation. It gradually stabilizes in time and diminishes the amount of power produced. Good quality solar panels will have little to no LID.
4. PID Resistance: PID refers to potential-induced degradation. This is a phenomenon caused by stray currents that occur during specific climatic conditions. PID can lead to substantial loss of power. Good quality solar panels have little to no PID.
5. Size: Solar panels are usually priced in dollars per watt, which means that the size of solar panels will directly affect its overall price. A 100 watt panel is capable of producing 100 watt hour of electricity and a 200 watt panel produces 200 watt hours of electricity, so you’ll have to pay more for the latter. Also, the size of 200 watt panel is more than that of a 100 watt panel.
Deal with a reliable solar energy provider in Houston who can assist you from start till end in purchasing the right solar panel for your home or office.
The author is presently working in a recognized solar energy service for 2 years. He has previously written various articles and blogs on solar energy in several publications. Visit http://energyonesolar.com
Setting up an office does not only require building, staff and talent but also need useful and important office supplies and stationery items. Extensive wide range of premium office supplies for home
Orange Digital is Brisbane\\\\\\\'s leading web design and mobile app development company. We build websites that rank well and look amazing. Talk to us on 07 3368 1646.
Everyone has the dream to look like their favorite movie star, however not the same but should at least, have some of the facial or body features like them. In the world of today when people judge you
KLG filling machine Innovation Helps you better development, win more market. Filling Machine Product Description: xjjx10wm Our company products include:Oil filling machine,Liquid filling machin
We are experts in the electrical maintenance arena. We have been catering to the needs of households and businesses in the Brisbane region with our expert services when they have a requirement to atte
copyrights © 2018 find4sites.com. All rights reserved.