Does eating ice-cream make you say ouch or brushing/flossing makes you wince occasionally? You are the victim of tooth sensitivity. They are typically the result of tooth decay, fractured teeth, worn fillings, gum disease, worn tooth enamel and exposed tooth root. But you don’t have to tolerate all the pain, stop it by visiting your emergency dentist in Sydney CBD. He/she can identify the underlying causes of your tooth sensitivity.
Causes of Tooth Sensitivity
- Teeth sensitivity may be caused from brushing vigorously with hard bristled toothbrush. This will wear down the protective layers of the teeth and expose the canals that lead to your dental nerves. When the tubules are exposed to cold, hot or acidic foods, you may experience tooth sensitivity or discomfort. To avoid all these, just replace your old and hard bristled toothbrush with a softer bristles, and be gentler while brushing.
- If you are a user of tooth whitening toothpaste, you might be the next victim. As most of the tooth whitening toothpaste are made of chemicals which may cause sensitivity. If this is the reason for your sensitivity, switching the tooth paste is the better option.
- Exposed pathways to the nerves may cause sensitivity when you eat acidic foods including pickles, grapefruit, orange juice, lemon or tomato sauce. So avoid eating foods that are more acidic.
- If you are a tooth grinder, then you must be careful. Grinding teeth can wear down the enamel exposing the dentin which contains the hollow tubes that lead to your nerves. Ask your Sydney CBD emergency dentist to recommend you a mouth guard.
- Receding gums are also a reason for tooth sensitivity. If gingivitis is the problem, ask your dentist to seal your teeth along with the solutions for gum disease.
- An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away which causes sensitivity as they lose their enamel protection. To reduce the formation of plaque, practice a good dental care and visit your dentist for every six months.
- If you have been in the dentist’s chair, your teeth often become more sensitive. Treatment such as root canal, an extraction or the placement of a crown causes sensitivity.
- Weak fillings and fracture or leak around the edges invites bacteria causing acid build-up and enamel breakdown. If you experience sensitivity due to weaken fillings, consult your emergency dentist in Sydney CBD as fillings can be replaced easily.
If your sensitivity is severe and persistent, or cannot be treated, your dentist will recommend root canal treatment. To avoid sensitivity, maintaining a proper oral hygiene is necessary. Follow the right oral hygiene routine and bid good bye to sensitivity.
The article is written by an author who is a professional emergency dentist in Sydney CBD. Here he explains about the important causes of sensitivity giving you solutions to overcome it. Read now!
Every woman in this modern world desires to beautify their skin with very effective service. For this, most of the saloon professionals follow best products with technology that gives amazing results
Delivery based trading is the most common form share trading done by most of the stock market investors throughout the world. In this type of trading the investors have to pay the full price of the
When we meet with patients who are suffering from vein disease, we love to take time to answer their questions. One of the more common queries we encounter is “does my weight have an impact on
(1888 PressRelease) Indeck Power Equipment Company has redesigned their 75,000 pph superheat watertube boilers to save fuel dollars and provide higher efficiency while improving operations. Many heavy
Safety and environmental impact are two of the biggest concerns faced by any large-scale engineering or construction project. Both are rightfully important, the former because of the impact on your
copyrights © 2018 find4sites.com. All rights reserved.